What is the Netgear Nighthawk App?
Looking for something that’s going to smoothen the functioning of your internet devices? Well, we have it all for you! The Netgear Nighthawk App simplifies the installation and setup of your router and helps you get more of your Wi-Fi. Using this App you can easily install the router by just following a few simple steps. All you gotta do is connect your mobile device to the router network and consequently, the app will walk you through the rest. Also, once setup, you can utilize the intuitive
dashboard to pause the internet on your connected devices and run a quick internet speed test.
Features of the Netgear Nighthawk App
- With the Netgear App your network management becomes easy: Well, the Netgear App empowers you to pause internet, monitor internet speed tests, add smart parental control locks and much more.
- Enables mart parental controls and internet filtering: Circle with Disney enables you and your family to manage all the home’s connected devices. You can filter online content and limit time online as well along with an Internet bedtime for every connected device in the home.
- The Netgear Armour cybersecurity gives you ultra advanced cyber threat protection for your home and all the devices that have been connected.
- Remotely manage the home network: You can connect or disconnect your Internet connection accordingly from anywhere and everywhere.
How can you Login to the extender after installation?
After the installation, log in to the extender for either viewing or changing the extender’s settings. Here’s all gotta do:
- You should launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is already connected to the extender network. If the connection has been established, the client link LEDs will illuminate
- Log in to your extender. For that you should enable the one Wi-Fi name feature and if you haven’t then, enter www.mywifiext.net in the address field of the browser.
- If you have enabled, you should enter one of these URLs: On windows based, http://mywifiext and on MAC and IOS devices, http://mywifiext. Local – Android devices, (for example, http://192.168.1.3).
How to connect with the Netgear installation system?
For this, you can use the NETGEAR installation assistant for establishing a connection between an extender and the current Wi-Fi router network. Launch a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
Here’s how you can use the NETGEAR installation assistant for connecting the extender to your Wi-Fi router-
You should connect a computer or mobile device to the extender using WiFi or Ethernet connection:
- Wi-Fi: On your Wi-Fi enabled device, the Wi-Fi connection manager should be opened. Then connect to the extender network called NETGEAR_EXT and when it will be connected then the client LED light will light solid white.
- Ethernet: Now use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on the extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
- Then launch the web browser.
- Then enter http://www.mywifiext.net. You’ll see the NETGEAR installation assistant displaying
- Then attentively follow the prompts to connect your extender to the Wi-Fi network
- Now, unplug the extender and shift it to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with weak Wi-Fi signals.
- Then, the link status LED should be used to choose a spot where the extender-to-router connection is optimum.
- If you don’t see amber or white light on the link status LED, keep moving the extender to the outlets.
- Lastly, reconnect your computer or mobile device to the new extender Wi-Fi network.
Use the extender in access point mode:
The extender as a WiFi access point can be used that generates a new WiFi hotspot by using a wired Ethernet connection. In order to use the extender in access point mode:
- You should plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Then wait for the Power LED to light amber and then turn green. If in case, the Power LED fails to illuminate, press the Power On/Off button on the side of the extender.
- Then connect a computer or mobile device to the extender by making use of a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection:
- WiFi: On your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device, the WiFi connection manager should be opened and be connected to the extender network known as NETGEAR_EXT. When the WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device connects to the extender, the Client LED lights solid white.
- Ethernet: The Ethernet cable should be connected to the Ethernet port on your computer and extender. If in case you want to access an Ethernet connection, you should do this before you connect your extender to your modem router or router.
- Next, launch a web browser and visit www.mywifiext.net. When you join the network, the Client Link LED lights illuminate to indicate that the connection has been established and the NETGEAR installation assistant displays.
- Then, finally return to the NETGEAR installation assistant and follow the instructions to finish setting up your extender as an access point.
- Now you can connect a Device to the Extender Network: After the setup procedure has been completed, connect all your devices to the new extender network using Wi-Fi, wired, or WPS connection.